旅游英语:Introduction to Bund in Shanghai 介绍上海外滩

更新时间:2011-05-02    来源:英语口语    手机版     字体:

【www.shkuanshun.cn--英语口语】

英语口语网权威发布旅游英语:Introduction to Bund in Shanghai 介绍上海外滩,更多旅游英语:Introduction to Bund in Shanghai 介绍上海外滩相关信息请访问本站英语口语频道。

introduction to Bund in Shanghai

介绍上海外滩

Please look to the west. That is the world-renowned Bund.

现在请向西看。那就是世界闻名的外滩。

What an imposing scene!

多美的景色啊!

Generally speaking, the Bund refers to the 24 buildings from No.1 to No.33 west of No.1 East Zhongshan Road.

一般来说,外滩指中山东一路以西第1到第33号的24幢建筑。

I see many of them bear western styles.

我发现它们许多都带西方风格。

Yes. Shanghai used to have a lot of foreign concessions before 1949. At that time, Shanghai was known as the ‘paradise of foreign adventures’. Many foreigners, mostly Europeans, came to try their luck here. That’s why you see buildings of different architectural styles here, Spanish, Greek, Roman and Russian.

是的。上海在1949年前有许多外国租界。在当时,上海被称作“外国冒险家的乐园”。许多外国人,大多数是欧洲人,到这里来碰运气。这就是为什么你们能看到各种不同风格的建筑物的原因。它们有西班牙式的、希腊式的、罗马式的和俄罗斯式的。

What are these buildings for today?

这些建筑现在都做什么用?

To the north of the Waibaidu Bridge is the Shanghai Mansion. The building with the green pyramidal roof is the Peace Hotel. The one in classical architectural style is the office building od Pudong Development Bank and the one made of huge granite blocks is the office of the Shanghai Customs. You can see the big clock on top.

外白渡桥北面的是上海大厦;有绿色金字塔的是和平饭店;具有古典建筑风格的是浦东发展银行;用巨大花岗石砌起来的是上海海关办公大楼。大家可以看到顶上的巨钟。

Yes. I do see that.

我看到了。

These buildings look splendid at night when all lights are turned on. Sometimes there are also outdoor performances there as well.

晚上灯光照亮时,这些建筑漂亮极了。有时候那里还会用露天演出。

I can imagine that.

我可以想象得到。

We can see that when we take a boat trip on the Huangpu River tonight.

我们今晚坐船游览黄浦江时可以看到。

本文来源:https://www.shkuanshun.cn/yingyuziyuan/5098/

猜你感兴趣